Maca Fast Facts
- Maca is a root vegetable that is grown at high altitudes in the Peruvian Andes.
- Maca was an integral part of the diet of the Incas of Peru and continues to be today among their native descendants because of its nutritional benefits.
- Maca root contains significant amounts of amino acids, carbohydrates, and minerals including calcium, phosphorous, zinc, magnesium and iron.
- Maca contains vitamins B1, B2, B12, C and E.
- All of the maca used in Ruth’s Hemp Foods is 100 percent certified organic.
- There are many studies that have been done and are being done to evaluate the belief that maca can benefit the endocrine system, enhance mental clarity, balance hormones in women, increase energy, and increase libido in men and women.
For more information about Maca: