Recipes from MaraNatha
Macadamia Nut Butter Cookies
Creamy MaraNatha® Macadamia Butter takes the place of butter or shortening in this delectable cookie. For a 100 % dairy-free recipe, try Tropical Source® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips instead of Sunspire® White Chocolate Chips.
8 oz jar MaraNatha® Macadamia Nut Butter
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla
¾ cup raw sugar
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 ¼ cup pre-sifted organic all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
10 oz package Sunspire® White Chocolate Chips
9 oz package Tropical Source® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
For a classic White Chocolate Chip cookie, add 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts.
For a tropical inspiration, add ¾ cup freshly grated coconut (not dried) and 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts.
Yield: 2 ½ dozen.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine Macadamia Nut Butter, vanilla, sugars and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir thoroughly. Note: consistency of dough is similar to a peanut butter cookie and will be crumbly.
- Add baking chips and optional ingredients (or leave as toppers).
- Form dough into quarter size balls and flatten slightly.
- Place dough on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden in color.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack. Enjoy.
For more recipes, visit: www.StrausCom.com/MaraNatha