Double Peanut Butter Cookies
Sunspire® Peanut Butter Chips and Maranatha® Peanut Butter prove to be a perfect pair in this updated version of a classic cookie.
¾ cup Maranatha® Peanut Butter
8 oz. stick unsalted butter (softened)
½ cup (packed) dark-brown sugar
½ cup organic sugar
1 large egg
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. baking soda
½ cup Sunspire® Peanut Butter Chips
4 Tbsp. organic sugar for coating cookie dough balls
Yield: 4 to 6 dozen
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking soda together and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg. Mix until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture just until all wet and dry ingredients combine. Add Sunspire® Peanut Butter Chips and mix.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tsp. of dough and shape into a ball. Roll the ball into the remaining sugar and place on the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on the top of each cookie with the bottom of a jelly jar. Leave a minimum of 1 inch in between each cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, depending on whether you desire a soft or crisp cookie. Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack for remaining cooling time.
For additional information, visit: www.StrausCom.com/chocolates